Maguire Coaches -
Maguire Coaches strive for excellent customer service – emphasising a friendly, relaxed and flexible atmosphere to ensure we promote our motto “Relax, we’ll take you there”.
HISTORY OF MAGUIRE COACHES
Maguire Coaches has been owned and operated by husband and wife team, Leo and Kaye Maguire, for over 22 years.
Kaye’s parents began operating a school bus service in 1968 for the Pelican community North East of Chinchilla. In 1987 they commenced charter operations in the district with a 19 seat Toyota Coaster bus. At this time Leo and Kaye, although driving for another Coach company, were already an integral part of the fledgling charter operation. Leo and Kaye bought the service in 1988 and Maguire Coaches began to grow as the couple focused on operating clean, well maintained coaches and delivering the best service possible.
Kaye started researching local history and compiled interesting stories about real people of the area. This became the trigger for tours of the town and district for patrons of conferences and special events. Maguire Coaches then started to offer day tours to the many regional locations of great historical interest. Around 2003 the company started providing holiday tours for members of the local community. These have proven particularly popular as customers can simply pack their bags and leave all the details in the capable hands of Leo, Kaye and the team.
Maguire Coaches now offers a range of services including:
- a school bus service
- charter service for schools, clubs and other community groups
- day tours to places of interest and events
- partner tours for conventions or conferences
- commercial bussing of workers to sites involved in the Surat Basin energy projects, airport transfers etc
- tours for festivals and events and tours to shows and events in Brisbane & on the coast
- holiday tours within Australia & overseas
Maguire Coaches commitment to excellence was recently recognised at the Chinchilla Business Excellence Awards with Maguire Coaches receiving “Business of the Year – Other Services” for 2007. Earlier awards included the 2006 overall “Business of the Year” and the “Tourism and Hospitality Business of the Year” at the Regional Business Excellence Awards in Toowoomba.
1968: Parents purchase school bus service
1987: Leo and Kaye purchase mini-coach for charter – 19 passenger Toyota Coaster
1988: Leo and Kaye purchase school bus service from Kaye’s parents – 34 passenger Hino
1995: Leo and Kaye purchase 22 passenger Toyota Coaster (still working very hard)
1999: Leo and Kaye purchase first full size coach – 87 Scania – 49 adjustable coach seats
2004: Leo and Kaye purchase 97 Scania – 48 passenger seat belted & toilet equipped
2005: Leo and Kaye purchase 2002 Mitsubishi Rosa – 24 passenger seat belted
2006: Leo and Kaye purchase 1985 completely refurbished Denning – 48 passenger seat belted and toilet equipped
2008: Leo and Kaye purchase 4 Coaches and 1 Mini Coach
2009: Leo and Kaye purchase 1986 Mercedes Benz coach - 48 passenger seat belted and toilet equipped
2009: Leo and Kaye purchase 2009 BCI coach - 57 passenger seat belted, air conditioned coach
The Maguire Coaches team has a strong civic commitment to the region and is actively involved in:
- Chinchilla Chamber of Commerce
- CEDTA – Chinchilla Economic Development & Tourism Association
- Chinchilla Show Society
- Chinchilla Museum
- Chinchilla Tourism Focus Group
- Regional Tourism Group
- Chinchilla Melon Festival (Bi-annual) – (Event Co-coordinator) –
- President of Chinchilla Performing Arts Society
- Member of RADF – Regional Arts Development Fund Committee
The company sponsors the following activities and organisations:
- Business Excellence Awards
- Chinchilla Melon Festival
- The Condamine Cods Rugby Union - bike ride to raise funds for Young Care and promote awareness of Youth Suicide.
- “K’s for Country Kids” bike ride to raise funds for leukaemia